Paul and David have both spoken widely on topics including conflict management, building sustainability, succession planning, and trends in family enterprises.
This highly interactive presentation explores the different types of conflict that family and closely-held businesses face, their causes, and best practices for effective solutions.
- Letting go and taking hold
- Entry and exit criteria
- The epidemic of entitlement
- Communication styles
- Governance structures
Cat’s In The Cradle
Succession Planning Strategies
Succession planning is critical to all family businesses. This presentation delves into the challenges and solutions of succession planning as it relates to owning and running family and closely-held businesses.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Decision making criteria
- Managing expectations
- Transition of leadership
- “Letting Go” & “Taking Hold”
Next Stop… The Future
An Intergenerational Workshop
With only 1/3 of family businesses successfully transition through the second generation, this workshop provides principals & potential successors in business together with a concrete Action Plan to build a sustainable family enterprise.
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of the needs of the family
- Understanding of the needs of the business
- An Action Plan with accountability
- A deeper more enduring relationship
Hot Themes in Family Enterprise
Topics for Sustainability
The majority of family enterprises are at the most challenging juncture in their existence as they face the transition to a new generation. A better understanding of differing generational perspectives and those of other key stakeholders enables principals and their advisors to turn these challenges into opportunities.
Discussion Topics Include:
- Generational Differences
- More reliance on key non-family executives
- Importance of family gatherings
- The roles of Boards of Directors and Advisors
- Strategic Planning
- Being centered
- Change in succession planning
- Challenge of seniors’ “letting go”
Request More Information
These presentations are perfect for your next industry association or franchise organization event. Paul and David also offer workshops for university-based family business centers. All of the topics listed above can be tailored to your event’s specific needs.
If you would like more information, or to have a discussion...